Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing 14: LibraryThing

Fun, fun, fun tool. However, I'm not sure how accurate or how useful it would be to a small academic library with an older than average collection.

I do think it is a great tool for personal libraries and for public libraries. It was easy to use and easy to find. It was very cool seeing who else had the same book as you. It was fun to see how they were rated.

Our library doesn't particular share book lists. This would be a good way to start doing that. I guess I was previously thinking of it as a tool to make cataloging for specific things easier. When one would use it for book list sharing that seems more logical for the small library I work at.

I liked that there were tons of discussions on my all time favorite book, "Pride and Prejudice." Classic. :) Good tool. I think I will bring it up at the next staff meeting.

No comments: