Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thing 3 RSS Readers

I think this tool could go either way for being useful or for being something I could easily forget about.

I do think that it would be incredibly helpful for the students who use our library regularly to keep track of their own research and other websites.

On the flip side, I think it could be one of those things that I forget I have. I am so used to doing things how I do them, would I realistically use this tool on a regular basis? I hope so.

I signed up for the Google reader and found it very easy to use and set up. However, pasting the url in the 'add subscription' area was not always working for me. As a result I found that searching by a keyword was more helpful in selecting sites than the other way.

A great tool with great potential.

No comments: