Wednesday, May 7, 2008

23 Things and Beyond

Earlier this week I had attended an ILL conference filled with exciting ideas about where technology is going as far as libraries are concerned. We heard everything from cell phones with barcode scanners so that patrons could do their own check out, to making gaming a regular part of what happens in the library. These are certainly exciting times, but I think I will pose the question to cyber-land, "How can a library keep up with changing times if it has a constantly decreasing budget?"

It is my understanding that my little Information Resource Center (IRC) may be getting funding pulled from it . I understand that sometimes sacrifices need to be made. Necessity is indeed the mother of invention. If anyone has any ideas on how to incorporate technology into a library for less money I would be happy to hear suggestions.

I have also been wondering what are some simple and easy ways to give and old building with old furniture a warm inviting look. I will again ask for any suggestions on creating an ambiance conducive to academia.

Thanks for your time and attention. :)

No comments: